Reading Supplies and Procedures
- Students need the following supplies each day: reading log (pocket folder with brads), wide ruled notebook paper, pencil with eraser, colored pencils, pencil sharpener, novel, and an Accelerated Reading book.
- Novel chapter assignments will be completed in Google Classroom. Novel assignments consist of vocabulary word maps, summaries, and various novel response activities. Each student has a copy of vocabulary word map, summary, and novel response procedures located in his or her reading log to use as reference for novel assignments and activities. Novel chapter assignments may be completed manually on paper if a student is absent and does not have access to a computer and/or an Internet connection at home or the school experiences Internet or technical difficulties. Paper assignments must include student name, date, and chapter number.
- Novel Tests will be administered as a paper and pencil test that will be completed at school. Students have study guides in their reading log to complete as they read the novel to study in preparation for novel tests.
- Smart Board Skills review assignments will be completed in class using Smartboard.
- ReadWorks assignments and Greek and Latin Root assignments will be completed in Google Classroom. If a student is absent and/or does not have access to a computer or Internet connection, then these assignments will be completed in class upon return to school.